Buffalo County is continuing to see a surge in COVID-19 cases. From 11/11-11/17, there have been 135 new cases reported, nearly half were related to community spread. This means they were unable to identify where/how they got COVID-19.
Health officials are urging residents to stay home as much as possible to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Only leave your home for the essentials.
- Avoid contact with people outside your household. Cancel travel and find alternatives to in-person gatherings such as parties, fundraisers, and meetings.
- Avoid locations that are not following recommendations on masks, physical distancing, and capacity limits.
- Consider safer alternatives to upcoming traditional holiday gatherings.
- Talk to your friends and family about the importance of these safety precautions.
- Support local businesses by ordering take-out for a meal or picking up items curbside.
- As always, wash your hands, stay home if you are sick, wear a mask, practice social distancing, and clean frequently touched surfaces.