Each year, Chippewa Valley Technical College offers free services to veterans during a one-day event. This year, the college welcomes veterans to campus from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 6, to receive these free services.
“This is our way of saying ‘Thank you for serving our country,’” said Don Raymond, respiratory care practitioner instructor. “We have so many programs at CVTC that offer services, like respiratory therapy students and lung tests or dental hygiene students and dental exams. Offering these services free of charge to people who are or have given service to our country seems pretty small in comparison. We’re happy to do it.”
WHAT: Give Vets a Smile event
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021
WHERE: Chippewa Valley Technical College, Health Education Center, 615 W. Clairemont Ave., Eau Claire
REGISTER: WITH A CLICK HERE
Free services include:
- Free dental care: A range of dental care and dental hygiene services are available, including oral assessment, patient education, dental cleaning, x-rays, dental exam, fluoride treatment, fillings, extractions, and limited root-canal therapy and denture services.
- Free lung test: Get a check of your vital signs and a simple spirometry to screen for COPD along with COPD education.
- Free chair massage: Sit back and relax while your experience a free chair massage.
- Free wellness screening: Take charge of your own health by learning more through nutrition and diabetes education.
- Free assistive walking device screening: Get an assessment and recommendations on your need for an assistive walking device.
- Free haircut: Leave looking your best with a free haircut and trim.
Registration is required for some services.