Buffalo County Public Health announced that 52.6% of the 65 and older population in the county has received at least 1 dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine, according to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm)
Beginning March 1, new groups will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. The newly eligible groups include the following in priority order:
- Education and child care staff
- Individuals enrolled in Medicaid long-term care programs
- Some public-facing essential workers
- Non-frontline essential health care personnel
- Facility staff and residents in congregate living settings.
While these groups are eligible on March 1, Buffalo County Public Health will continue to vaccinate phase 1A individuals and 65 and older.