A drug bust turned up meth headed to a small town in our area.
It was on November 23rd when the Dunn County Sheriff’s Office and West Central Drug Task Force Investigators were tracking a large shipment of methamphetamine from the City of Menomonie which was being transported to the Village of Boyceville.
Based on information received a traffic stop was initiated on the suspect’s vehicle by a Dunn County Deputy. During this stop the deputy, a Drug Recognition Expert, detected signs of driving impairment believed to due to narcotics. As a result of this contact the suspect, 35-year-old Justin Barnard of Chippewa Falls, WI, was arrested for:
• Operating a M/V While Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance
• Possess w/Intent-Amphetamine (>50g)
• Possession of Cocaine
• Identity Theft
• Resisting or Obstructing an Officer
• Possession Of Meth Paraphernalia
• Wisconsin Department of Corrections Probation App.
Seized as a result of the stop and subsequent investigation was 74 grams of Methamphetamine, Cocaine and drug packaging and weighing material. Barnard is being held at the Dunn County Jail.