A fire at an Eau Claire hotel did about $15,000 in damages. The Eau Claire Fire Department responded to 3304 Mondovi Road, at the Best Western Plus, for a report of a structure fire.
Upon arrival, crews found a dryer that was on fire on the first floor of the hotel and smoke throughout the building. The fire was brought under control quickly by firefighters using extinguishers. While the fire did not extend into the structure, crews worked to ventilate the hotel using positive pressure fans.
There was one civilian injury from smoke inhalation. The patient was treated and transported to a hospital and customers were allowed back into the building once it was cleared by crews. The fire remains under investigation.