Marshfield Crews Respond to Apartment Fire

Marshfield Crews Respond to Apartment Fire

2.8.2024 UPDATE:

The cause of the Charles apartment fire was the result of an electrical arc event igniting cellulose insulation in the attic.

Investigation is still open.


Marshfield Fire and Rescue responded to investigate a small amount of smoke coming from the attic at 103 W 2nd Street in the City of Marshfield. Upon arrival crews found smoke coming from a roof vent. Crews made entry to the attic to find a light haze of smoke. A smoldering fire was found contained to an isolated area of the cellulose insulation in the attic. No flames were present throughout the entire incident.

The ceiling of apartment 314 was removed to extinguish the smoldering insulation and to check for extension. A tenant in apartment 314 was displaced as a result of the fire. All other tenants were allowed to return to their apartments. Assistance was provided by Marshfield Police Department. The fire is under investigation. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *