The list of road projects that the Dunn County Highway Department will undertake this year is dominated by continued work on two stretches of Highway B that will be reconstructed in 2024.
“The County Highway B project is the significant project that will taking place this year,” said Dustin Binder, county highway commissioner. For total cost of the projects, Binder said, “it’s going to be a larger year than normal,” although the total miles will be like other years.
The two Highway B projects are 1.25 miles from State Highways 12/29 to Interstate 94 and one mile from Interstate 94 to Packers Drive. The county already has repaved 3.3 miles of Highway B from Packer Drive to Highway BB.
Other projects include:
- County Highway Z, 1.59 miles, from 90th Avenue to County Highway D.
- County Highway VV, 3.92 miles from County Highway VVV to County Highway VV
- County Highway H, one mile from Elk Mound to State Highway 29.
- County Highway M, 1.5 miles from State Highway 64 to Sand Creek
- The County Highway C bridge over Muddy Creek also will be replaced.
Binder said the tentative starting date for the Highway B project is May 1, but that depends on the weather. The mild winter might allow for an earlier starting date, he said.