Family Cat Blamed For Fire

Family Cat Blamed For Fire

 A fire that caused significant damage to a Delafield home was likely caused by a family pet.

That’s according to fire investigators, who say one of the family’s two dogs or cat put their paws on a knob, turning on the gas stove at the home along Northview Road on Monday morning. Something on top of the stove then caught fire. Two people suffered minor injuries. The family thinks their cat may be the culprit. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that 750 home fires every year are caused by family pets or wildlife.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *