ABOVE PHOTO: Laura King, vice chancellor for Enrollment and Strategic Initiatives
University of Wisconsin-Stout is seeing a number of positive enrollment trends, one year after returning to normal on-campus operations following the pandemic.
With the 2022-23 academic year underway, indicators of an improving enrollment outlook include:
· Record levels of interest for fall 2023
· Increased retention rate among first-to-second-year students
· Record number of art and design students
· Record number of student athletes
· A strong increase in international students.
Although enrollment overall is down slightly this year based on early estimates, the positive signs point to a full, post-pandemic rebound soon.
The retention rate for students beginning their second year at UW-Stout is 71%. That’s up 3% and back to the prepandemic level. The rate matches the four-year average from 2016 to 2019, said Laura King, vice chancellor for Enrollment and Strategic Initiatives. TO READ MORE CLICK HERE.