Firefighters in Milwaukee say a problem with a boiler caused a carbon monoxide leak at a UW-Milwaukee dorm late Monday night that sent more than a dozen students to the hospital.
In all, more than 400 students were evacuated from the Cambridge Commons. The students say they had trouble breathing and were feeling dizzy about 10 p.m. Monday. Milwaukee firefighters say 17 students were taken to the hospital for treatment. Students were allowed back into their dorms early yesterday morning after fire crews opened the windows and let the dorm vent.