Eight University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire faculty and staff members were recognized for excellence during the university’s academic year opening meeting today, Aug. 27.
Chancellor James Schmidt presented 2019 excellence awards to:
- Dr. Norah Airth-Kindree, associate professor of nursing.
- Jack Connell, facilities maintenance specialist-advanced.
- Dr. Mary Beth Leibham, professor of psychology.
- Dr. Ling Liu, associate professor of accounting and finance.
- Cheryl Lochner-Wright, senior study abroad coordinator.
- Dr. Jennifer Muehlenkamp, professor of psychology.
- John Reichert, academic advisor, Advising, Retention and Career Center.
- Jodi Thesing-Ritter, executive director for diversity and inclusion.
Each honoree received a university medallion and $1,500. All seven of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation excellence awards for faculty and staff are funded by Markquart Motors and Markquart Toyota of Eau Claire. The award honoring the 2019 UW System Board of Regents Excellence in Teaching Award nominee is funded by the Arnold and Lois Domer Foundation of Eau Claire.