The Eau Claire Police Department has been notified Sex Offender Steven E. Young will be released from the Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center on January 9. Young will remain under the supervision of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and the Wisconsin Department of Corrections indefinitely.
Young was convicted of the following crimes:
• Fourth Degree Sexual Assault – 06/30/1997.
• Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child – 07/13/1999.
• Second Degree Sexual Assault of a Child – 10/18/1999.
Young will be released from custody and placed at a residence on the 2400 block of Fifth Street in the City of Eau Claire.
Youngs’ release restrictions include:
• Confinement to the interior of the residence.
• Lifetime GPS monitoring.
• Can only leave the residence in the company of a DHS contracted chaperon.
• Cannot be within 1500 feet of a park, playground, library, school, or church. Verification will be confirmed through 24
hour GPS tracking.
• No contact with minors.
• Cannot drink alcohol or enter a tavern.
• Cannot possess electronic devices.
• Must comply with all requirements as a lifetime registrant of Wisconsin’s Sex Offender Registration Program.