The installation of 11 Wisconsin sovereign tribal flags was celebrated yesterday on a local campus. Honoring Native Nations at University of Wisconsin-Stout took place yesterday evening at the Student Center.
The flags will be displayed in the Overlook Lounge where international flags are located.
The tribal flags will be integrated within the international flags to signify the integration of indigenous peoples in society. Wisconsin tribal flags include:
- Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
- Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Tribe
- Stockbridge-Munsee Community Band of Mohicans
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin
- Lac du Flambeau Ojibwe Nation
- Oneida Nation of Wisconsin
- Sokaogon (Mole Lake) Chippewa Community
- St. Croix Chippewa Indians
- Forest County Potawatomi Community
- Ho-Chunk Nation